All Rights Reserved
AccessEcon LLC 2006, 2008.
Powered by MinhViet JSC
ralph lauren polo

Stefania Ottone and Ferruccio Ponzano
''Laffer curve in a non-Leviathan scenario: a real - effort experiment''
( 2007, Vol. 3 No.48 )
The aim of this paper is to look for the presence of the Laffer curve in a non-Leviathan state using tax rates of 30%, 50% and 70%. We gave the players the opportunity to choose their labour supply both under a Welfare – State scenario and a State – of – Nature contract. The main evidence is that a tax rate of 70% is extremely unpopular and significantly decreases subjects' labour supply without any benefit on the tax revenue. On the other hand, an increase of the tax rate from 30% to 50% does not reduce the per capita labour supply while increasing the tax revenue.
Keywords: Laffer
JEL: C9 - Design of Experiments: General
H2 - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue: General
Manuscript Received : Aug 22 2007 Manuscript Accepted : Oct 04 2007

  This abstract has been downloaded 1565 times                The Full PDF of this paper has been downloaded 149392 times